Of Beginnings and Beyond

Sunday, December 10, 2006

Christmas in a child's eyes...

Who would have thought that kids these days understands that Christmas is not just about gifts, foods and staying up late. Last week, we had dinner had one of our favorite restaurants and as we were eating, talking and making plans for the up coming holiday. My son asked me, "Mom, when are we doing our Christmas shopping?" All I can say is that it will happened in time.

Then my daughter said, "It's ok if we can't buy gifts for ourselves or for the people we loved, they will understand that we are struggling." Tears run down straight from my eyes for I was touched how understanding my little angel was and to think she is only 7 years old. I felt that my heart was squeezed so much that I had a hard time catching my breathe.

We stayed a little bit longer than usual as we talked about things and how thankful we are for they understand the situation and in time we will try our best to make ends meet. My daughter, open her purse and took a handful of cash that she will be happy to help with what she has and I was so touched by her unselfish gesture. Than I know what kind of a person she will be once she grows a little bit older.

My son, on the other hand just said I only have a little bit of savings for I spend it already but I am willing to pitch in as well. As you can see teaching your kids the right virtues will definitely go along, long way.

In their eyes Christmas is about sharing whatever little we have as long as we can make other people smile that's what's important. Sharing, caring and giving is what Christmas is in a child's eyes.

Posted By:CarmelaSolon @ 11:31 AM

3Your Thoughts:

Anonymous Anonymous berkata...

Wow! How thought of your kids to think that way. Kudos to you and your hubby for bringing up your kids so right... =)

6:32 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous berkata...

this reminds me of a story.. where a child illustrated the rain.. as the sinners and then the one then when the rain falls on the windshield of the car.. the car windshield will just wiped it... and that car windshield is like God who continues to wipe our sins...

You are blessed to have a daughter like her :)

1:49 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous berkata...

You are indeed so lucky to have a daughter like her. Well done, Mom!

8:44 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home